Please come to your appointment with a makeup free face (no foundation, blush, mascara, etc) regardless of the treatment area.
1. Do not wear contact lenses during or within 24 hours following the eyeliner procedure.
2. Bring sunglasses to wear. Eyes may be light sensitive.
3. Do not dye, perm, chemically lift or curl lashes for 5 days prior to your appointment.
4. Please remove your eyelashes extensions five days (30 days) before your eyeliner appointment. This includes temporary lash enhancement strips.
5. Discontinue use of any eyelash growing serums like Latisse 2 months prior to the procedure.
6. If you have had any type of eye surgery, you must get approval from your physician.
Please note: If skin is overly dry, cracked, peeling, or has scabs on the day of your appointment. Sculpted Studios reserves the right to cancel your appointment. Procedures cannot be performed if the skin is injured in any way.
Though the sensation of micro-pigmentation is minimal, all clients will respond to pain differently. To alleviate possible discomfort, a topical anesthetic will be applied during the procedure. Please do not take any blood thinners such as Ibuprofen and Aspirin 24 hours before. Tylenol can be taken 30 minutes before your treatment without any contraindications.
Please note that you will be more sensitive 5 days before, during, and 5 days after your menstrual cycle.
- The skin should not be dry, chapped, or irritated on the day of the appointment.
- You may swell; please make sure you don’t have anything important for the next 1-2 days after your visit (depends on the person).
- Do not exercise the day of the procedure.
- Do not tan or come with a sunburned face.
- Do not consume caffeinated products 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not consume alcohol 5 days before your procedure and 3 days after.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Ibuprofen 72 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Botox, Laser treatment 2 months before your appointment.
- You must wait at least 2 months after any cataract, LASIK, or blepharoplasty surgeries.
Swelling is normal after the procedure, this should not last over 12-24 hours after.
Cleansing the first two days
For the first evening and following morning of your procedure, wipe the treated are with the provided antiseptic wipes. On the second day, the treated areas should be wiped down two times a day: Morning and evening – again only using the provided wipes.
It is normal to be excited about your new liner; however do not touch, pick, peel, tamper, scratch, rub, injure or remove the peeling in any way, you will damage the color and affect the retention. Let the skin naturally go through the healing and recovery process.
A very thin layer of A&D ointment should be applied consistently throughout the day to the treatment area using a fresh Q-tip (do not use mineral oil or petroleum- based products such as Vaseline.) Applying too much ointment can lead to fading, so a thin layer goes a long way. This will keep the area moist and accelerate the healing. Do not let the area dry out and crack, keep it moist at all times. Do not press or rub when applying ointment.
First 5 days
- Do not touch, peel, tamper, rub, injure or remove the peeling in any way, if you do, you will experience a loss of color.
- Do not let any sweat, water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch the treated area.
- Abstain from any physical activity that causes extreme sweating.
- No foreign body fluids.
- Do not use any mascaras or cosmetics on or near the treated area
During the next 14+ days
- NO hot sauna, swimming pool, ocean, hot bath/shower, sun tanning, tanning salons, vaseline, Neosporin, or any other petroleum based products.
- Do not use an eyelash curler for 3 weeks
- DO NOT expose the area to unsanitary or dirty conditions.
- Do not use products containing alcohol or products that contain glycolic, lactose, or fruit acids and avoid salt or saline on the treatment area.
- Avoid any prolonged sun exposure.